It’s no secret…our donors are a fundamental part of our success. They’re what keep our organisation growing and thriving, and enable us to reach hundreds of people in rural South Africa every day. But there are plenty of ways to give beyond making a one-time gift or becoming a monthly donor, so if you want to show us love, try these ideas on for size…
- Shop Thanda Zulu – What’s better than purchasing beautiful handmade jewelry that creates jobs for Zulu women and benefits Thanda?…well, nothing is better really
. You don’t need a reason to buy those new earrings you’ve been wanting, so go ahead and treat yourself (or someone else!).
- Workplace Giving – Whether you’re in the UK, SA, or the US, many employers offer opportunities to participate in payroll deduction campaigns. Thanda is registered on Benevity, GlobalGiving, and forgood but we’re happy to work with you to set up payroll giving on any platform.
- Corporate Matching Gift – In addition to Workplace Giving, many corporations offer Matching Gift programs, enabling employees to double or even triple their donations to charitable causes. Ask your employer if they offer a Matching Gift program and we’ll help you get set up.
- Volunteer – If you have a skill or just want to help organise library books for a day, there is something to do at Thanda! Particular skills we’re looking for include: IT Support, PR, Marketing, Grant Writing, Research, Video Editing, & Graphic Design.
- Give Stock – Donating stock or mutual funds has a number of tax advantages and enable you to make a larger gift at a lower original cost.
- Start a Fundraiser – Get a group of friends or colleagues together to run, walk, bike, or dance for Thanda! We’ll help you set up a fundraising page and get started.
- AmazonSmile – Any time you shop through AmazonSmile, 0.5% of the purchase price of eligible products will be donated to the charitable organisation of your choice – just select Even Ground and shop through https://smile.amazon.com/.
- Global Citizenship Course – This 10-day course offers a unique opportunity to immerse yourself in South African culture while learning what it means to be a global citizen and experiencing firsthand the spirit of Ubuntu. The course is available to small groups and can be adapted to children and adults of all ages.
- Corporate Partnership – Our team is happy to work with you to create a shared value partnership with compelling marketing initiatives and engaging campaigns. We also love Corporate Volunteer days!
- Donate – There are some things we can just never seem to have enough of. If you have any of the following, send ‘em our way…but please make sure they are in good condition – we want to make sure your contributions are put to good use!
- Books: Anything by Dr. Seuss, comic books, The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein, Calvin & Hobbes, Colour Monster by Anna Llenas, The Gruffalo by Julia Donaldson, Rabbityness by Jo Empson, My Teacher Is A Monster! by Peter Brown
- Movies: Frozen, Brave, Spiderman, Thor, Ironman, Jurassic Park, The Croods
- Art Supplies: paintbrushes, crayons, markers, paper, scissors, glue, watercolors
If you have any questions, want to find out more information, or have an idea for other ways to get involved, please email email@example.com. We’d love to hear from you!
In-kind donations can be mailed to:
- P.O. Box 476
- Hibberdene 4220
- SOUTH AFRICA